Create A Business Website With WordPress In Nine Steps is a how-to guide that helps beginners create a websites for their business using WordPress instead of hiring an experienced professional. Readers can also take the skills taught in this guide to sell their talent to others and build their websites.
This how-to guide contains nine steps on how a beginner (yes, you do not need any professional website design or WordPress experience) can create and maintain a functional and successful business website using self-hosted WordPress.
I discuss the following (not an exhaustive list):
- Why to choose WordPress over other software
- How to develop an original domain name for your business
- Choosing the proper web hosting provider for your website
- If you should use wordpress.com
- Reviewing WordPress’ recommended hosting partners
- How to purchase the proper SSL certificate for your website
- If you can use free SSL certificates
- How to secure and protect your WordPress installation
- Tools you can use to setup a local WordPress development environment
- And much more!
Create A Business Website With WordPress In Nine Steps: What Made Me Write This?
I wrote Create A Business Website With WordPress In Nine Steps because I follow many writers on Twitter, and many of them either don’t have a website, or want to redesign their website. However, many don’t have the funds to hire a professional to build their website nor the skills on how to create their own.
The topic of WordPress would always come up during these discussions and I would highly recommend the Content Management System because I’ve used it for over a decade now. However, I use self-hosted WordPress which takes more experience and time to learn and use. Thus, I would push these writers to using wordpress.com which allows them to create a beautiful website but not have to handle all the maintenance stuff.
Yet, wordpress.com is limiting in many ways and can be quite expensive over time. That’s why I wrote this guide because self-hosted WordPress, even for a blog or simple website, can be much cheaper if a person is willing to take on some of the responsibility. And through the guide I tell readers exactly what they have to do to create and maintain a successful business website.